|Course Name||Start Date||End Date||Days||Session Dates||Time||Tuition||Hours||Register|
|Web Design||TBD||TBD||MW||TBD||6:00 PM - 10:00 PM||$2,199.00||64|
This is a hands-on and project-based introduction to web design which emphasizes standards-based and accessible design. The course introduces students to cross-platform web design with a focus on planning and designing effective web pages.
The course progresses from introductory work on web design; i.e. implementing web pages by writing HTML and CSS code; enhancing web pages with the use of page layout techniques, text formatting, graphics, images, and multimedia to a culminating project in which students design and develop a functional, multi-page website. The program is taught by Industry professionals who lead participants through the learning modules including hands-on exercises and a web design project.
Introduction to Web Design
- Recognize and understand HTML web page elements
- Know how to write HTML code
- Understand and apply effective web design principles
- Enhance web pages using text formatting, color, graphics, images, and multimedia
- Incorporate forms into web pages
- Understand and apply CSS to format web page elements
- Plan, design, and publish a multi-page website
- Implement web technologies to make site interactive
- Understand the purpose of content management systems [CMS]
- Quickly setup a website using WordPress
Web Page Design Concepts
- The Language of the Web
- Sites, Portals and Applications
- Front-End and Back-End Domains
- Web Standards
- Grid Systems & CSS Frameworks
- Building Your First Web Page
- What is Web Accessibility?
- What is the purpose of Section 508?
- Why Web Accessibility is Important
- Design Techniques for Websites Accessible to Persons with Disabilities
Web Planning & Design
- Planning a Website
- Basic Web Design Principles
- Principles of Client Management
- Creating Wireframes, Mock-ups and Prototypes
- Capturing and documenting requirements
- Getting Started with HTML5
- Structure of a HTML document.
- Creating titles, paragraphs, containers, lists.
- Adding links and images.
- Working with Tables.
- Forms in HTML, including HTML5 semantic input fields
- Tags and Elements
- Defining Basic Tables
- Basic HTML Form Elements
- HTML5 Form Controls
- Linking to Audio & Video
- Embedding Audio & Video
- Introduction to CSS3
- How to add stylesheets and reference on web page
- The Box Model.
- Selecting elements with CSS3
- Specifying fonts & font Sizes
- Using techniques to style lists, forms, tables and links
- Using techniques to position images and layout elements on a page
- Language essentials
- Form handling & validation
- Making dynamic pages
- Handling events
CMS with WordPress
- Setting up WordPress site
- Configuring a theme
- Adding plugins & widgets